- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1-15oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter & Company Dark Chocolate Dream
- 1/2 cup natural applesauce
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup Morena Pure Cane Sugar
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (I prefer homemade.)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt (Pink Himalayan is my preference.)
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips (I used about half a bag.)
Preheat your oven to 350F. Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drain the zucchini, if needed. Drain and rinse the beans. Next add the zucchini, black beans, Peanut Butter & Company Dark Chocolate Dream, applesauce, cocoa, oats, sugar, honey, maple syrup, vanilla, baking powder, and salt to a food processor. This is a good time to explain that I could’ve and probably should’ve used Sugar in the Raw but I had the Morena in the canister and it’s less refined than bleached table sugar so I’m ok with it. Running to the store after a single ingredient doesn’t contribute to shalom in my home, you know? Anyway, now process it all until well combined then stir in the chocolate chips. Drop spoonfuls of batter onto the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
Makes 18-20 cookies. Passed toddler (though not the teens) inspection at my house. 😊
Wishing you gratitude and peace in your home.